Wedding Officiant and Minister Services
- FREE initial consultation
- Standard and customized ceremonies from which to choose
- Creative ideas to enhance and personalize your ceremony
- Personally available to complete your details and assist you as well as available via telephone and email
- Coordinate and manage the wedding party during the rehearsal, if one is scheduled, and facilitate the formalities of the ceremony
- Arrive early on your wedding day at your site to ensure clear communication if there are musicians, a photographer, or a DJ
- Sign, date, and submit your official Certificate of Marriage to the county
- Personalized gift copy of your ceremony
- Optional pre-wedding counseling play/workshop
Your Marriage License
The cost of your Wedding Officiate and Minister services ranges from $200-$400 depending upon the complexity of your ceremony and location within the San Luis Obispo County.
(County Certificate of Marriage is not included. Please see the information to the lower right.)
A non-refundable retainer/deposit of half of the quoted price reserves your date and time on the calendar. The remaining amount is due any time before the ceremony.
Your wedding fee includes:
- Personalized wedding ceremony assistance and help incorporating or writing your thoughts and ideas.
- Personal consultations to finalize your wedding ceremony choice.
- Early arrival on your wedding day to coordinate musicians, photographer, and DJ.
- Sign, date, and submit official Certificate of Marriage to the county.
- Personalized gift copy of your ceremony.
- Coordination of logistics and formalities of the wedding party and ceremony
Optional pre-wedding counseling workshop will conclude incorporating your ideas
and findings into your personalized wedding ceremony and vows.
Your official Certificate of Marriage is easy to obtain at the San Luis Obispo County Recorder's Office. The cost is $90 and takes about 20 minutes of your time. I am not able to do this part for you. It is recommended that you go to the court house about one month before your ceremony although you have 90 days to be married and submit the signed Certificate of Marriage to the Recorder's Office for filing.
The San Luis Obispo Court House is walking distance from the center of beautiful downtown San Luis Obispo. You do not have to be a resident of San Luis Obispo County to apply for a marriage license in the county.
You will need to bring with you a current photo ID such as a Driver's License or passport. You will also need to know your parents' legal names, including your mother's maiden name, and the city and state where they were born. If you have had a previous marriage, you will need the date the marriage ended. There are no tests, and the bride and groom must be at least 18 years of age.
San Luis Obispo County Recording Department and
Marriage License Office
1144 Monterey Street
San Luis Obispo, California 93408
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday
Closed for Holidays
Photographs by Lynda Roeller
Pricing & Wedding Officiant Payment Information
"Thank you for making our special day so memorable. It was absolutely perfect! Also, thank you for sending a copy of our vows to us. You were wonderful!" Keven and Karen
And when the rains are over
May there be clear pools of water
Made beautiful by the radiance of your light
As when a star shines beautiful in the night
Pointing the way for all of us.
Wedding Officiant and Minister Services and Ceremonies by the Rev. Paulette Claire
Wedding Officiant and Minister Services throughout San Luis Obispo County * Phone (805) 423-4820 * Email: PauletteClaire@att.net
Cambria * Pismo Beach * Shell Beach * Paso Robles * Atascadero * Templeton * Cayucos * Arroyo Grande * Morro Bay * Los Osos * San Luis Obispo, California
The Rev. Paulette Claire offers a series of three one hour sessions designed to prepare the bride and groom for their life together as well as prepare them for their wedding day. These sessions can also be used to guide couples in writing their own vows and personalizing their ceremony. Materials will be provided. Please call for introductory and affordable pricing offer and details.
Pre-wedding Counseling Playshop
Cambria at the Beach Weddings
Vineyard and Winery Weddings
Pismo Beach and Shell Beach Weddings
Avila Beach Weddings
Weddings at Your Home
Photograph by Keith Dunlop
Your Wedding Officiant and Minister for San Luis Obispo County
Specializing in Weddings by the Beach in Cambria and Vineyard Weddings in North San Luis Obispo County